Term: One year position with opportunity for renewal
Novaporte is seeking to hire a Communications and Development Strategist. They would report to the VP, Operations and Corporate Development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all corporate marketing and communications relating to business development and stakeholder relations for the Novaporte development.
- Provide support to the Novaporte team for communications, events, business initiatives and development-related projects.
- Lead content that engages internal and external audiences and leads to measurable action.
- Develop communications which create momentum and awareness for the development.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, annual reports, etc.
- Maintain positive relationships with Novaporte’s internal and external stakeholders, ensuring transactions or information received on behalf of Novaporte and/or its members are kept confidential.
- Support the Novaporte team in the development and preparation of presentations, speaking engagements, and events.
- Leads and/or contribute to event and meeting planning processes for corporate engagement.
- Coordinate content creation for various publications and digital assets
- Content development, writing, editing, proofreading, etc.
- Support and develop communications materials including speeches, press releases, media kits etc.
- Participate in networking and external meetings.
- Special event coordination and media support for announcements, press conferences, grand openings, corporate and community events, etc.
- Development/Implementation of annual strategic marketing and communications plans
Bachelor’s degree, with a master’s degree, is considered an asset.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Excellent time management, communications, decision-making, presentation, human relations, and organization skills.
- Able to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Must be able to positively participate in a collaborative team environment and work independently.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent media relations skills
- Experience in the offshore wind, port, and/or supply chain management industries consider a highly valuable asset.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume along with a well-written cover letter explaining why you believe you would be the right fit for this position.
Although the job opportunity will remain open until the successful candidate is hired, the first round of submitted applications will be considered after September 15, 2023.
Please email your application to Kathleen Yurchesyn at firstname.lastname@example.org