The future of Trans-Atlantic shipping has arrived and it will call NOVAPORTE home.
NOVAPORTE™ is a planned Canadian new build Mega-Terminal that is rapidly gaining support from industry leaders. The project will be the first deep-water port on the East Coast of North America to be designed specifically to accommodate the largest container ships in the world, (18,000 plus TEUs). The project is shovel-ready, with all permits in place. NOVAPORTE™ will operate within an officially designated Canadian Foreign Trade Zone designated NOVAZONE™.
Port developer Albert Barbusci has stated “Using best in class operational processes and technology to achieve safe, high production and quick vessel turnaround times; NOVAPORTE™ will be designed to be the most efficient, lowest cost, most secure and greenest port facility in North America.”
This project has secured strong support from Canadian municipal, provincial and federal government officials. Sufficient private equity sources have been identified in Canada and offshore that stand ready to invest in constructing port facilities at NOVAPORTE™.
Visualization of current NOVAPORTE Site
Proposed NOVAZONE Logistics Park
- Insufficient investment in transportation infrastructure behind existing ports contributes to chronic congestion and lagging port productivity in North America.
- At present no port on the East Coast of North America is readily able to accommodate the next generation of Ultra Large Container Vessels (ULCV’s 18,000+ TEUs), despite the fact that these large ships are vital to the industry.
- European and Suez traffic is increasing.
- Chronic congestion in both (US) west and east coast ports.
- A ‘New Build’ Mega-Terminal on Canada’s Atlantic Coast with a sheltered ice-free harbour and ample port property for future expansion. NOVAPORTE™ has a harbour deep enough to accommodate ULCV’s.
- Using best-in-class operational processes and technology to achieve safe, high production and quick vessel turnaround times; NOVAPORTE™ will be designed to be the most efficient, lowest cost and greenest and most secure port facility in North America.
- First North American Port-of-Call on the Great Circle Route from Europe and the Suez Canal and close to the mouth of the St. Lawrence River with access to the St. Lawrence Seaway and the Great Lakes. Two days sailing advantage over New York and at least a three-day advantage over Norfolk.
- Ready access to Trans-Canada Highway and double stack rail.