The future of Trans-Atlantic shipping has arrived and it will call NOVAPORTE home.
- Only new build, shovel-ready ULCV-capable deep-water port on the East Coast of North America. Designed specifically to accommodate the largest container ships in the world, (18,000 plus TEUs).
- Strong support from Canadian municipal, provincial and federal government officials.
- Canadian and offshore investors prepared to fund construction of port facilities.
- NOVAPORTE™ will operate within an officially designated Canadian Foreign Trade Zone.
- 2000 acres for terminal development and its adjacent logistics park, which will be called NOVAZONE™
NOVAPORTE™ is a planned Canadian new build Mega-Terminal that is rapidly gaining support from industry leaders. The project will be the first deep-water port on the East Coast of North America to be designed specifically to accommodate the largest container ships in the world, (18,000 plus TEUs). The project is shovel-ready, with all permits in place. NOVAPORTE™ will operate within an officially designated Canadian Foreign Trade Zone designated NOVAZONE™.
This project has secured strong support from Canadian municipal, provincial and federal government officials. Sufficient private equity sources have been identified in Canada and offshore that stand ready to invest in constructing port facilities at NOVAPORTE™. It is anticipated that the first phase of construction will begin following the completion of a comprehensive feasibility study currently being conducted by consortium member, China Communications Construction Company, (CCCC) and when contracts are in place with one or more major shipping lines. CCCC, among the largest port construction and design firms in the world, has also signed an agreement with port developers to "undertake the design and construction of Sydney's container terminal including all required infrastructure". Under the agreement, CCCC will also provide container cranes, gantries and other port-related equipment, including any required design and engineering.
In addition to CCCC, key members of the consortium include the leading U.S. construction and engineering firm Bechtel
and Canadian real estate developer Canderel.
Cape Breton Regional Municipality
, (CBRM), has set aside nearly 2000 acres for the terminal development and its adjacent logistics park, which will be called NOVAZONE™.
Engineering, Design and Construction Partners
Insufficient investment in transportation infrastructure behind existing ports contributes to chronic congestion and lagging port productivity in North America.
At present no port on the East Coast of North America is able to accommodate the next generation of Ultra Large Container Vessels (ULCV’s 18,000+ TEUs), despite the fact that these large ships are vital to the industry.
- A ‘New Build’ Mega-Terminal on Canada’s Atlantic Coast with a sheltered ice-free harbour and ample port property for future expansion. NOVAPORTE™ has a harbour deep enough to accommodate ULCV’s.
- Using automation and best in class operational processes to achieve safe, high production and quick vessel turnaround times; NOVAPORTE™ will be designed to be the most efficient, automated, lowest cost and greenest port facility in North America
- First North American Port-of-Call on the Great Circle Route from Europe and the Suez Canal and close to the mouth of the St. Lawrence River with access to the St. Lawrence Seaway and the Great Lakes. Two days sailing advantage over New York and at least a three-day advantage over Norfolk
- Ready access to Trans-Canada Highway and double stack rail.
- Funding is in place, maritime partners are on board, all permits and approvals are completed and negotiations well underway with shipping partners.